Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Intake On Hip Hop

I'm not the one to bring hip hop back,
I'm just trying to shoot a lyrical bullet at that BS called rap.
Cuz rappers these days worried about who in the lac'
Or the next to be seen on the scene gettin smacks.


I try to tell these fake role models its bigger than that,
But they only worried about the groupies who sit on their lap.
While their kids dying in wars cuz they trying to trap,
After watching their stupid ass make a movie bout crack.

Man society is dying and its needing to breathe
Its kids around the world just waiting to leave.
Cuz they can't eat, can't sleep, or have a deadly disease,
While we smoke up the ozone by smoking this weed.

No one cares about the future so we smoke more trees,
Cut them down, roll it up, lands become concrete.
Lil girls give up dreams to become video v's
While fathers give up roles cuz they scared to be seen

Shit is crazy out her man this shit is obscene,
No one cares about the world including Martin's dream.
I mean Martin Luther King Jr. man thats what I mean.
Confusing freedom with privileges cuz we ain't free.

Psychologically they got us and got into our minds
Chasing paper that they give us and its wasting our time
Knowledge is the key and the way that we get on our grind
Trying to get the knowledge like Einstein and thats how I shine

Young up coming artist so i'm still in my prime
But if you thing i'm a change my style then i'd rather do crime
Not trying to be a lying artist or shot 9 times
Or a fake gang member to make calls in my rhymes

Don't think i'ma change my voice, thanks jay for D.O.A.
Cuz I'm starting to really wonder about Hip Hop today
I used to love her like Common til I heard her say
Money over bitches, why it gotta be this way?

Sunny days let acid rains wash them away
To be in prison is the only way black men will pray
Cuz they rather hug the block wit their man's today
And say that's the only way to get the rent money to pay

Welfare doing too much, some say it ain't enough
Made them give up on themselves thats why they living so rough
Fast girls give up love cuz they trapped in a forever lust
Or they got an unwanted touch and falling in love is too much

And the man on the corner said his life was too tough
Chasing money, chasing skirts got hard so he gave it up
But what he didn't tell me that he was going nuts
Cuz he sold to his own people cuz he ain't give a fuck

But thats the city life but that shit is whack
To let a junkie sell his soul to get high off of crack
Or to let his family cry and suffer like that
Cuz once you start doing crack, man that time don't come back

But thats with anything so i use my time wisely
And I know I gotta do good cuz somebody behind me
And my people set my expectations so great and so highly
That taking a trip to the sun is the only way to get by me!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment