Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Good and then Bye

Two words I hate saying, to a friend, to my family,

To a lover,to a stranger, even an enemy,

Just the thought of the two together brings pain,

An eerie feeling that I will not proclaim,

I'll shed tears before I say these two words to someone,

My pride will collapse, and self hate will win this one,

I'll vent my entire heart to the world before putting together the words,

The subject of this dismissal will never see my verbs,

Even after four years one month, and 8 days,

7 hours 29 mins she still hasn't heard me say,

GOOD and then BYE together,

She holds a space on my arm where she'll live forever,

To prevent saying the same to my mother,

Her name goes on the center of my chest to hold me, however,

My love for her is a never ending fire,

So a spontaneous combustion may occur if I have to become mire,

Meaning she is the divide that brings tears and high pride,

So much love for her that I can't hide,

That's why I couldn't see me saying the two,

No need to give everything up I won't subdue,

Because once you put together GOOD and then BYE,

The memories fade away leaving tears to cry,

Or if they don't leave, they become blurry,

Making emotions hard to control leaving extra furry,

Writing this my eyes are watering but nothing falls,

Confessions in between but i won't reveal it all,

Just enough to finish my story and walk away,

Mature a bit day by day,

No matter the circumstances,

I thank God for the many chances,

I haven't had to put the two words together,

So I'll say so long and see you later, that sounds better.

No comments:

Post a Comment