Sunday, January 23, 2011

1,2,3,... 4 Including Me

1,2,3,... 4 including me,

Sirens break out, blue and red color the city streets,

A body's been hit on my block, but no one seems to scream,

The block gets hot and the street starts to steam,


Silencer on the gun so how safe does it sound?

A pool of red liquids cover the ground,

I feel my body and I'm searching for a stray,

Bullet that is, guess today isn't my day,


To meet the maker just a taker... Of life,

Liberty no justice but I've witness the trife,

I can't stand because at my feet lays a man,

My mind is shook up and I see some diapers in his hand,


Skin color moves back and forth between dark and light,

His hair is changing and so does his height,

Different images come out and I see my mother in tears,

But that can't be her son because I'm standing right here,


So I look down on the ground and I see the man's frown,

Its too familiar so I look around,

1,2,3,... 4 including me,

But my household is gathered around crying quietly,


But all I can do is look because I was the guy,

On the ground with no sound getting prepared to hear good and then bye,

I still don't want to believe it because as time prevails no one moves the body,

So this look alike's attention has got me,


I always thought I was too young to die,

Had an attitude of too proud to cry,

Try to be too honest to lie,

Now tears and screams stand over a harmless guy,


For some reason I see this as a sign,

No longer blind, but just beyond the line,

Of scrimmage, now I don't want to be obsolete,

Well imagine myself or a look alike covered in blood on the concrete,


Now its being shaken and out of a dream I'm awaken,

An experience so real and its lesson I have taken,

Time's too short to hold grudges and the end you don't know,

No need to fear the unknown, fear not appreciating what you can't let go...

No comments:

Post a Comment