Monday, February 7, 2011

I Still Remember Your Dreams

New York I believe it was, the location of your dreams,

Filled with your ambitions and where your art can flow greater than streams,

Big city full of bright lights and someone by your side,

I offered but I needed to prepare for the ride,


Well I had "Greater Intentions" that you knew of but you stayed and were aware,

You slept in my arms while I ran in your dreams, your thoughts I tend to prepare,

Or at least I was a part of some of them,

My problems that occurred but I also shared space with him,


So in turn we stayed friends because we both had someone else on the brain,

And at separate times we could move on and maintain,

But then in some way we both shut each other out,

Not purposely but it held for awhile to do without,


The notion of asking if we were over our ex's and ready,

To move on past our friendship, to grow something steady,

But I hesitated in writing this because I was afraid,

I pushed you away too far but I wish you would have stayed,


So I've confessed but back to the topic at hand,

I remember you felt "Empty" and fulfillment you wouldn't demand,

But you wanted it, just like someone to hold you,

Only lonely nights, and someone to vent and console to,


You wanted things to change within your family, especially your mother,

You wanted a stronger bond, oh and how's your brother,

He should be in high school now, I'm sure he's getting tall,

How's your aunt I hope you did't forget to call,


Sorry I left your dreams and stepped into reality,

Well I wish your dreams would come true that's what I'd rather see,

Still you continue to dream something so bright,

Although you don't see it but I don't take it light,


I'm just afraid to mess up the flow of your dreams,

Little did I know instead I brought together the extremes,

Of the negatives that could have been prevented,

But now I lay thinking of the dreams someone else invented,


I guess in the event of trying to push away the inescapable,

I hurt both of us something I didn't know was capable,

Of, maybe this can be like an epiphany, and we will meet and maintain,

So that this dream I remember can come true and a best friend I'll regain.

No comments:

Post a Comment