Saturday, September 3, 2011

I Shouldn't Have Let You Kiss Me

I must say this was a great night,
My emotions took flight, letting your smile shine too bright,
I watched the sunset in your eyes like you were the one,
We laughed a lot so it must have been fun,

I carried you on my back, we held hands,
We sat by the water and made plans,
But I should've stopped you then,
But we continued talking and I let resistance begin,

Your lips kept my attention, when ours met and when you talked,
So at ease beside you that I felt like I could glide instead of walk,
Our souls were engulfed, while our hearts were entertained,
But as friends I knew we should remain,

Too into the moment to push you away,
The memories of lonely nights got to me so I asked to stay,
I wanted to just hold you through the night, with no need for sex,
Without a care of what would happen next,

So you grow closer to me and now I can't control the feeling,
Of wanting you to fall for me although I look towards the ceiling,
Meaning I wouldn't watch you fall but I knew you would,
I lay trying to get away since I should,

Well, I shouldn't have let you kiss me,
I should have stopped you and let you diss me,
So you wouldn't have gotten hurt and I wouldn't have waited so long,
Now I'm sitting here ready to perform for you without a song,

Still words from the heart but the ones you don't want to hear,
The ones to create distance, so I hug you while you're still near,
I kiss you on the cheek and you feel the resistance when you turn your face,
To meet my lips so a happier moment I begin to trace,

But putting off the truth this long has me hating myself,
Like I'm back stabbing both of as I place my heart on a shelf,
So while your heart is beating to a love song,
My heart isn't in the equation so I refuse to do you wrong,

Damn, I shouldn't have let you kiss me,
I should've pushed you away and let you diss me,
Now I wish I could be alone and you won't miss me,
Hopefully I will learn from this and I won't be so risky...

No comments:

Post a Comment