Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The Truth Of My Empty Glass

Ingredients to take me on a high, Drowning the pain after I'd fail to try, To release my thoughts from within, Trying to follow my heart but I keep sipping on Gin, I feel the addiction and affliction, Close to overdosing with no prescription, My mind looks for ease but I'm just running from time, Well reality, since I'm paying for the crime, Made a drink with no lime, Vodka has led me to deception, Of the truth of being guilty for conception, With the women in my life, I can't see who is better than the rest, Life's business lesson on how to invest, Tequila tasting just to test, she's cooking to get to my heart, While another was there with Rum at the start, So this one does what she needs to make her mark, If only I could see what this other does in the dark, Then there's the one with that deep, deep, deep scar, Oh how I wish I could find out who you are, Since she hides who she is or who she wants to be, The memories keep her caged but her stories sets her free, A love like war, I want to suit up for the battle, Take a walk through the landmines that make her world rattle, But I'm distracted by this angelic soul, The one I don't think I deserve but will make me feel whole, Or so I believe, wants to make my heart fill relieved, Yet my pride won't let me journey on to be deceived, Takes sips of the Whiskey, I'm not sure if its a front when one says that they miss me, So I give thanks of the admiration, as if it were a dissertation, Although I lack physical emotion so its seen as if I lack appreciation, Oh how I've learned from the past, With the temptations, friendships and things that won't last, Hopefully the next time opportunity decides to walk pass, There's some understanding to the truth of my empty glass,

No comments:

Post a Comment