Monday, September 6, 2010

Saved By The Cool

Mixing and matching different styles,

Following trends for the smiles,

Trying to catch the attention of one,

But I didn't know it had begun

I was riding the wave,

In my hair, but I turned the page,

To the chapter of my life when I seem center-stage,

Surrounded by many, only knowing a few,

Catching the overflow of friends from my silent days of two,

My style matured rapidly although my body was still young,

Writing style graduated, although my youngest days went unsung,

No celebrity,

Popularity seemed to have grabbed me,

But denial was there so... you can say that it had me,

I guess this seems like a confession,

Although it is...

It's more so a lesson,

More as a blessing in desiguise,

Like the writing poet but it came from failed tries,

Trials, attempts, and so close to giving in,

Many times I felt I couldn't win,

I wanted to run away,

Stressed so much I thought I'd see gray,

I gave up on the wedding bells for the month of May,

Too many haters for her beauty to try to stay,

An accepted outcast,

I thought I wouldn't last,

But I'm still around and I've learned from my past,

The present is teaching me,

While the future dreams of reaching me,

Bad ways are forever seeking me,

But I won't give in easily,

I'll just keep faith,

When cold I won't shake,

I'll use my anger to warm me up,

Trace my rage to storm me up,

Battle my obstacles until I form and erupt,

But I'll do it silently,

Hoping success will confide to me,

End the struggle by breaking the chain,

Thanks Dr. Akbar, I will open my brain,

And those around me so we will all proclaim,

The glory we look for and want to maintain,

I've done it,

I've gone inside myself and found the solution,

To the problem of myself... let me start my distribution!

No comments:

Post a Comment