Saturday, September 18, 2010

Dear Woman...

Dear woman,
You're filled with so much compassion,
A little attention is all you're asking,
Beautiful inside and beauty you reflect,
So why couldn't HE give you respect,

I'm in love with more than one,
Well I have love love for all of them,
Looking for my type,
But I want to do all of them right,

Too many to entertain for the night,
I guess I have to flee out of sight,
I can't just keep telling jokes,
You fear of needing to cope,

From being hurt by the wrong guy,
Or the right guy,
So your in defense from the first hi,
I break your guard by being myself,
Trying to be your friend and nothing else,

You're willing to give in but I don't no where it will lead,
Too honest just to leave,
I want what you have to offer but I would be like HE,
Well him, or all the others before me,
Or all the girls with offers, I will be blinded by their glory,

But seeing without the lights,
Meaning just sex night after night,
I'm not afraid to be honest, I guess that's where I stand apart,
I can be your friend and your man, and gain your trust from the start,

Well I wish I could,

See I'm not just that guy from the hood,
And in your eyes I must be too good,
Or too bad, well something you never had,
Open with both arms but still in defense from your past,

I'm playing offense all alone, but guarded by your home,
Friends, and the company you keep, so I'm left to often roam,
Then I'm misjudged because I won't sit still,
Gambling love in poker but the black jack man has to deal,

So I'm not even in the right game,
I know her face but I won't say her name,
So ashamed of a crime I didn't do,
I want to cry but I won't subdue,
To the challenges of chances to be so true,

To you and for you, I'm just a man and here I stand,
With all my pride I will show you a true man,
Woman... I understand everything you hate,
I just seek guidance to your heart and mind ,
But until then all I can do is wait....

1 comment: