Monday, June 21, 2010

From Africa to Me

Mentally exploring the world but physically I rest on this continent,
Shocked and appalled but I still stand content.
I see her smile from the distance of 4,000 miles
But I'm too shy to travel so I remember the colors of her style
Feelin like a child not able to contain
My inner thoughts that seem to have traps on my brain
I feel the ore of her beauty
So natural so I truly
Am caught up in her essence,
She got me searching for every second
Of time with this African beauty, and experience natures lessons

She becomes more than I desire,
Spreading vast like a fire,
Looking for a job in her love and I hope she wants to hire
To disgusted with my culture but she knows I am just a product,
Of my environment and that is how I come up,
Or came up but in her eyes I show shame of,
African men although my ways are american,
I still have choice to decide who I am
So her beauty changes my mind,
Not her breast or behind
Her intelligence has lift me to change the future of mine

Be all I can be
But not like the army,
Stand strong and don't let my past scare me,
Become the change in which we wish to see,
Or I want to see, that we can be,
Physically, pschologically and spiritually free,
And stand more in content,
Trace my roots and decent,
Become the holder of my mind and intelligence!
Free my brothers and sisters who are trapped in this life with me,
So I take on this positive path because I guess it is my destiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment