Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Fear of Falling in Love

I was looking for it and now it found me,
The complication of love surrounds me,
Keeping me as its slave there’s chains around me,
No longer the king of love so you can’t even crown me,
Trick with her beauty I was trapped in helpless ways,
Looking at the future of love and miscounting the days,
I was racing for the end when I didn’t even begin,
Searching desperately to lose when I was hoping to win,
I tried to write my own destiny I thought I knew what was best for me,
But I come to realize that life is just a test for me,
Maybe not just me, maybe it’s for you and I,
Through my struggles with my pride, now I can’t even cry,
Love wasn’t supposed to be in my vocabulary, but it’s necessary,
Hoping it will come soon, I’ll hold on like it’s legendary,
Waiting patiently to see if you was right for me,
I open up my eyes when I’m dreaming so maybe I can see.

But I'm feeling forgotten about, yet again,
Consumed in a battle that’s a war that I can’t win,
I don’t know why I waste my time trying to be her friend,
Common sense tells me feelings shouldn’t be mixed in
So I guess everyone must deserve a chance,
But I can’t invite myself to a Sadie Hawkins dance,
I’m tired of trying to incorporate you in my future plans,
When I’m not even one of the options of becoming your man,
I can try to persuade you but that will waste time,
Just like the many lines I used just to write this rhyme,
I thought that you were worth it with the way you made me shine,
So I tried to do something bigger than sacrifice a line,
But I guess all my notions were hopeless,
I can say I love but I’m sure that you know this,
I’m sure that you can read between the lines, of how I feel inside
Got me battling myself and my pride

They say time waits for no man, so there’s no more time or me to plan,
I’m past liking you real hard, girl I’m trying to be your man,
I don’t know how much time is left, so girl Imma let you know,
Since the first day I met I was scared to let it show,
But I would pour my feelings into a glass and hope that u would drink it,
With no hesitation my love is strong no need to over think it,
So with my honesty, to you from me, I’m done with complications,
And I’m ready for your love and I’ll thank you for your patients,
I’ll take it there like our love on the stairs, and feed you with time,
Massage your tense body and relax your mind,
Any of your issues I’ll take on as if they were mine,
Because I’m against anything that makes your smile not shine,
Bring your fantasies to reality so you can clearly see,
How my love transfers from my heart to you from me,
But in my preparations of getting you a ring,
I seem to find myself wondering if this is a forever thing,
So now I’m stuck feeling hopeless and love sick,
And wondering will it really have to end like this,
Being afraid to fall in love because I’m scared to let it show,
Or if we have to end, enduring the pain from letting you go,
Maybe this is just a love/hate story meant for me,
On my verge to maturity, only time will help me see,
That my quest for love isn’t a mission from my brain,
It’s a releasing, of what my heart is repeatedly saying,
That love is for me and I guess I shouldn’t trip,
Slow down my emotions but don’t forget,
Tme is of the essence, so no need to pretend,
So I hope that I'm ready when it begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment