Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Trying To Put Freedom In Sight

I'm a man trapped in a body blinded by color,
Living after a dream to bind together one another,
That dream wasn't mine but before my time,
To bad people still wait for someone else to resolve the crime,
Of ignorance, or lack of delivery,
Separated by our differences, attitudes and imagery,
Forgetting that many generations have died for the education,
While my generation worries if their name is used for a lyrical ejaculation,
Verbal masturbation, I've developed a dying patience,
I sit with a crying patient,whose heart is looking for maintenance,
While my mind tends to search for a way to shine,
Or just a way out of this psychological bind,
And before the end of time I look for the color of right,
Whether its black or white, I just need a visual in my sight,
Can someone explain how a race can ask for aid,
Someone made it plural and said their debts were paid?
So they got aids from asking for aid,
All the money endorsed for finding a cure is really the money to keep the wealthy paid,
As apposed to helping people before they're all dead,
We separate and forget we all must have blood shed,
To build a nation whether it's rich or poor,
From one bedroom apartments to having the world at your front door,
I'm sure by now there's a way to feed the world twice,
Without paying the ultimate price, so to my future I will sacrifice,
My mind to be educated, my body to be given strength,
Hopefully it can withstand the changes in width and length,
Then I get a little OCD because I'm never thinking deep enough,
Show my people hard love and I hope that I can reach the rough,
Teach the tough and hope that we can get it right,
But the only way to put freedom in sight, my generation will have to see the light!

No comments:

Post a Comment