Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Heart Of The Ocean

I'm drowning, losing my pulse, and sinking,
Fast, trying to start something new but I'm too busy thinking,
About the could've been and would've been,
When I should've been making away for us to begin,

I watch her watch me, with eyes that reflect everything I want to observe,
As if she sits there waiting with thoughts to reserve,
A space in her heart for me but too afraid to make the first step,
Or move, hoping I would explore her mind and reveal what has been kept,

Beneath the surface, she smiles to stall,
Then she giggles enough for me to catch her fall,
Trying to figure out if I care for her or am I just caring,
And if I share for her or do I just enjoy sharing,

My hopeless romantic love affair that she dares pretending,
To relive the experience and change the ending,
So I could speak on its existence instead of prior resistance,
Of falling in love that has become a new instance,

Well example of how second chances come and go, just with who we'll never know,
And maybe this is a second chance to prove that love can help me grow,
In time, but since it isn't on my side I need to let go of this pride,
Take a leap of faith and allow two souls to collide,

But then I begin drowning in the tears of yesterday,
Insecurities of the others take over and form a delay,
Of moving on, so alone I am again,
Closing my eyes, I see her face so I have a temporary win,

Yet for how long can I stall,
Every minute gives another inch to a ladder too tall,
To reach the deck of the Titanic my pride has created,
To allow me to set sail for her love since she'll have me captivated,

By a simple touch or a taste of happiness,
And as I'm drawing out a plan she's waiting to capture this,
With a photographic memory and showing how her beauty shines,
Reflecting the rays of the sun like something divine,

Then I plan a trip to the beach where she sits so pretty,
Waiting for the waves of temptation to reach out to get me,
So I stand at the shore thinking to get more than my feet wet,
Trying to figure out if I should dive in or keep her guessing like we just met,

But I know I have to dive in eventually, but when, I'm not sure,
Hesitant still while she sits so open and pure,
So until I'm sure I can explore the depths of one that's chosen,
I mustn't set sail to discover the heart of her ocean...

No comments:

Post a Comment