Friday, June 3, 2011

P.S. (Dear Woman 2)

Best wishes from,
A Poet Named Trez


P.S.

I still sit and think of your pain,
I think of how my generation and the one before has left you in vein,
I watch your guard around your heart go up and down,
I wish to flood your vision with happiness to drown out your frown,

Watching from a distance, afraid to pursue with persistence,
Trying to read you correctly but falling short with resistance,
From your heart and your mind, I wish to seek over time,
All at once but with patience, so you can say that I'm,

In it for the win, with no need to pretend,
The battle you live in becomes my problem so I'm forced to depend,
On myself to guarantee you are reminded of your worth,
From the blood drips and heartaches that leave you hurt,

So that you can continue living, so I show that you are more,
Than anything that makes you feel less worthy and I remind you what's in store,
Happiness, and I'm just hoping you seek it,
I hope it comes into one's eyesight so you can reach and keep it,

Let that moment last for life, yet with the blessings of God,
Hoping he shields you from getting your heart robbed,
From that person who is acting out the wrong that they have been taught,
The one who's mind is damaged and feelings are caught,

Up, and they can only justify their thoughts by acting out,
So I'll stand up to the challenge of protecting you without a doubt,
Because I know that you're just short of perfect, so you have to be worth it,
Holding the power to change the world, with time you can birth it,

Well give birth to, a seed to plant into the Earth that could be positive or negative,
That's your only flaw, not knowing what to the Earth you may give,
And Woman, you wake up with your intentions just to please,
Your first thoughts are kind and seem to be done with ease,

Until some one decides to hurt you, physically or mentally,
But please don't change your ways because of something not meant for thee,
Well you, just a lesson that could have been avoided or simply told,
Don't let one person leave you with regret forcing, you to become cold,

So I say to you keep your warmth and continue fighting,
Don't let them get the best of you, stay exiting,
Keep your smile shining, it will pay off I assure you,
Chivalry didn't die in generations, it just wasn't taught to the last two!

No comments:

Post a Comment