Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Polishing A Memory

I tend to find myself lost in my own thoughts,

Drowning my mind and recreating an old sought,

Of reconstruction, to become comfortable in time,

Polishing a memory and being engulfed by it's shine,


I no longer try to fight the inevitable, nor do I accept it,

I just try justify it's actions when I get the unexpected,

For the the invited moments I embrace them,

So later in time its not hard to trace them,


I think that its too easy to move along if the prior is erased,

We get stronger and stronger as we look the prior in the face,

Laugh and smile and maybe shed a tear,

But there's nothing wrong with keeping it near,


For when its time to move on the next experience it means so much more,

That the idea of it creates an anticipation of what's in store,

Over and over this phase can happen,

Making your desire stronger for grasping,


The true key to your heart, if its not from the start,

Enlisting new instructions and limits to make their mark,

On the next investment of time,

Sacrificing your heart to get a matching pair like two words that rhyme,


But every now and then some memories you have to relive them,

Intentionally you don't forget but you must forgive them,

For an old memory can shine so great compared to the new,

That you want to do the impossible to see if its true,


For you, since its owed to oneself,

To take down that book of memories off of the shelf,

Or in your head, or underneath your bed,

Because you don't know what the future holds and you'll never be prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment