Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Trying to Understand

Anticipations got my mind racing,
Creating hesitations and got my heart pacing.
Changing gears within this addiction chasing,
Leaving no time for thought tracing.

Decisions are done without thinking,
Made moves to fast for blinking,
Got me on a pride ship that’s sinking,

Now my heart is in this without the drinking.

Real feelings generate growing emotions,
Immediately I’m compiling thoughts of greater devotions.
Life after the last dance and the formed notions,
And thanks to Cupid since I was the one chosen.

Existing without consideration to believe,
Penetrating and left me just enough time to receive.
Bequeathed love lacking obligation to retrieve,
In hopes to deliver so I won’t deceive.


So I picture her as success,
When she’s around she’s the one I want to impress.
Enrolled in the school of love to become the best,
Leaving her nothing but smiles and never settling for less.

Almost there so I know I will make it.
Feelings are too far in rage to fake it.
Hoping it will happen so my photographic memory can take it,
But it came to an end to fast to before she gave it.

Now I sit alone trying to understand,
What makes me so different from this other man?
He pretends love and rejects you hand,
While I step up with hopes to include you in my life plan.

Although I’m entertained by the chase,
I want to consume your love from just that small taste.
Rejection I’ve prepared for such a case,
Cause in the game of love there’s really no time to waste.

Time and stupid decisions set us apart,
The first chance I had I should’ve been smart.
Now I stand here holding my heart,
While watching your ride without me take its depart.

No comments:

Post a Comment